Republic of the Philippines
SORSOGON STATE COLLEGE
Sorsogon City Campus
CONSTITUTION AND BY – LAWS
We, the bonafide members of MODERN ENGLISH GRAMMARIANS’ ASSOCIATION (MEGA) of Sorsogon State College, Sorsogon City Campus, imploring the aid of the Divine Providence in order to establish a society that shall promote greater advancement in English, cater closer relationship among the members, the spirit of cooperation in task of nation building under the new society do hereby ordain and promulgate this constitution and by – laws.
NAME AND ADDRESS
Section 1. This organization shall be known as MODERN ENGLISH GRAMMARIANS’ ASSOCIATION
Section 2. The address of the organization shall be Sorsogon State College, Sorsogon City Campus,
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Section 1. The organization shall foster camaraderie among students with the purpose of enhancing
their skills in the chosen field.
Section 2. The organization shall foster camaraderie among students for lasting and effective relationship among themselves and other students, professionals, and non- professionals.
Section 3. The organization shall actively support and participate with other progressive sectors of the community and the rest in- school youths in their lawful struggle for excellence and scholastic well- being.
Section 4. The organization shall uplift the degree of knowledge of the students aspiring to become English majors.
Section 5. The organization shall renounce coercion, violence, and hazing as a means of attaining organizational goals.
Section 6. It shall upload the supremacy of higher authorities and ensure adherence to existing laws.
Section 1. The organization shall be academic in nature and it shall exist solely to foster camaraderie among students for a lasting relationship among themselves and other students,professional,
and non- professional, and for mutual help and Christian relation of the members and not for professional profits or interest of any members.
Section 1. All English majors shall be a member of the organization.
Section 2. The organization shall be composed of the students who gave their membership fee of P30.00 for members and officers respectively and it shall be done semesterlly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Section 1. It shall be the duty of every member to be loyal to the school to defend the organization and contribute to its development and welfare, uphold its constitution and by – laws and to cooperate with the school authorities on the maintenance of order and discipline.
Section 2. to attend and actively participate in the affairs of the organization and of the class organization, club or any other body of which he/she is a member and shall take active part in the implementation of all programs, projects and action being adopted by the organization.
Section 3. Every member shall pay his due and other financial obligations promptly and willingly.
Section 4. it shall be the duty of every member to vote during election of new officers.
Section 1. The election of officers shall be done on the last week of June.
Section 2. The election shall be done on the meeting of the organization through actual voting.
BILL OF DUTIES
Section 1. Officers
a. The President
1. He/ She shall preside over all meetings of the organization.
2. Implement policies, programs, projects with his jurisdiction in coordination with his members and club adviser.
3. Exercise general supervision over the affairs and activities of the organization.
b. The Vice- President
1. Assist the President in presiding over all meetings.
2. In the absence of the President in presiding, he/ she will assume to carry out all designated responsibilities if the president and body of the organization.
c. The Secretary
1. Shall keep minutes of the organization meetings; prepare permits, reports and documents of the organization.
2. Keep on record all organizational meetings and properly checks attendance of members during meetings and other activities.
3. Issue notice of all meetings called two (2) days before the meeting.
4. Shall assist the President and perform other duties designated to him/ her by the organization.
d. The Treasurer
1. Shall keep the money, financial records, and documents of the organization.
2. Prepare financial statement at the end of the semester.
3. Issue receipts for all incurred expenses and release money with the approval of the president and the body.
4. Submit reports to the members the detailed statement of actual income and expenditure of the organization.
e. The Auditor
1. Shall be responsible for the check and balance of the funds of the organization.
2. Submit financial statement for every activities performed by the organization.
3. Cooperate with the teacher.
f. The P.I.O
1. Shall be responsible for the press release and other publications of the organization.
2. Serves as the spokesperson of the organization.
g. The Business Managers
1. Shall provide or be responsible for the income generating projects of the organization.
2. Perform other duties designated by the organization.
TERMS OF OFFICE
Section 1.Officers shall be in-charge for one year term.
Section 2. Officers can be re-elected once.
RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES
Section 1. Every member of MODERN ENGLISH GRAMMARIANS’ ASSOCIATIONS shall have the rights and privileges.
a. To participate freely and actively in the programs, projects and actions sponsored by the organization.
b. To be fully informed of the affairs of the organization.
c. To present suggestions, comments, and constructive criticism to any officers, committees or members of the organization.
Section 2. All members of the organization shall enjoy other rights and privileges in such a way that it shall not, in any way, contrivance the provision of this constitution.
Section 1. The executive board shall prepare the agenda for the body in regular session.
Section 2. The English language shall be the medium of communication in all meetings and sessions of the organization.
Section 3. The regular meetings of the organization shall be at least once a month or at the call of the president.
Section 4. The regular monthly meeting of the organization will be held on the last Thursday of the month at 4:00 pm at room 201 of the Graduate Studies Building.
MEETINGS OF THE OFFICERS
Section 1. The officers of the organization shall meet regularly at least once a month or the date, time and place to be fixed by the said officers.
Section 2. Special meetings maybe called by the officers by giving written to all members of the date, time, place, agenda of the meeting at least one (1) day advance.
Section 1. Any provision of the constitution and by-laws maybe amended, attended or repeated by all the members and officers of the MODERN ENGLISH GRAMMARIANS’ ASSOCIATION provided that they will not be conflicted as to the existing laws and constitution of the Republic Act of the SSC- Sorsogon City Campus.
Section 2. Proposed amendments must be voted of at least 2/3 of all members of the organization.
Section 1. The funds of MODERN ENGLISH GRAMMATRIANS’ ASSOCIATION shall be derived from the following sources:
d. Membership Fee
g. Proceeds from fund raising activities
Section 2. The funds of the organization shall be collected by the Treasurer using the proper documents to avoid illegal collections.
Section 1. Initiate programs designated to enhance political, economic, cultural, intellectual, morals, spiritual, and physical developments of the students and the community as well.
Section 2. Hold fund raising for the organization.
Section 3. Appropriate and administer its own funds subject to existing and applicable auditing rules and regulation.
Section 4. Create such bodies committees as it may seem necessary to effectively carry the organization activities.
This Constitution and By-Laws shall be effective upon ratification by a majority of its members and on the date of its adoption.